Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Exotic Eye.
 I took a trip last week to Southern California, and visited an arboretum.  My dad told me that peacocks roamed the grounds and I was excited to get some pictures.  And sure enough, as we walked in, a peacock greeted us.  Peacocks are such graceful and beautiful birds and I was inspired to create a peacock eye.  A few weeks ago I bought some fun purple and blue eyelashes, and I thought they would be perfect for the look. After I applied the eyelashes, I blended gold, purple, and blue eyeshadow across the eye, starting from the inner eye and working out.  To create a feathery look, I took some liquid eyeliner and traced my whole eyelid and then added some lines, made to look like the feathers of a peacock.  It took some time, but I had a lot of fun transforming my eyes into a peacock inspired look.
 
My feathered friend.
 
Closed eye.
 
Open eye.

So much fun to create.

 
A simple inspiration.
 


1 comment: